Who we are
- MyValues is an online tool provided by Barwon Health that gives you the opportunity to identify your Medical Intervention Values and provides a vehicle to share these values with key friends, family and medical professionals of your choosing.
- 'we' 'us' 'our' refers to Barwon Health and MyValues originator Associate Professor Charlie Corke, Senior Intensive Care Specialist, Barwon Health.
- 'you' 'your' refers to any person who has registered for a Profile on the MyValues website.
- Barwon Health and our third-party suppliers are responsible for the editorial content and services offered on this site www.myvalues.org.au
- Consent means your permission. This consent can be explicit as in when you provide your signature or enter your password to access or edit your Profile. This can also be implied when you choose to enter the details of a third party for the purposes of sharing your Profile.
- User means a person who is currently registered with a MyValues Profile.
- Medical means a medical practitioner registered with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Personal Information means information that identifies the user.
Protecting your privacy:
MyValues relies upon suppliers to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing and customer service. All suppliers are expected to adhere to our confidentiality standards and are not permitted to use our user information for any other purpose.
It is our intention to clearly inform you when your risks or privacy may change during the course of using MyValues.
Collection, Use and Storage of Information:
We collect information at several places throughout the MyValues website:
- Personal information: To create a MyValues Profile you are required to provide your name, address, age, email address and other demographic information. We collect this information so that we can contact you via email, verify your identity, and enable future access to services.
- Medical Intervention Values Information: Your response to a range of end of life medical intervention questions forms the basis of MyValues. This sensitive information reflective of your values is generated into a MyValues Report that can be shared with family and medical professionals of your choosing (see third party information). Information is password protected and accessible by you only. De-identified Medical Intervention Values Information may be used for research purposes to better understand the Australian population views on medical intervention in end stage of life and the values that underpin these views. Consent for use of data collected on the MyValues site is implied by completion of the survey. If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, or the use of your data, please contact us.
- Aggregate information is anonymous information about website use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as a user of MyValues. This information is collected by the website manager during routine usage to maximise usability of the MyValues website; for testing, site development and planning. When you use MyValues you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses.
- Third Party Information: Contact details for your chosen family members or medical professionals are collected at the point of completion of your MyValues Report or at any point thereafter. When you choose to provide third party contact details and action sharing of your report with password security, consent is assumed.
MyValues operates on a secure server. Your Personal Information and Medical Intervention Values Information is encrypted before it is transmitted.
Change/Update your Personal Information and Medical Intervention Values Information
You may update your Personal Information and Medical Intervention Values Information at any time by returning to the MyValues website.
Delete your Profile
If you no longer wish for your Personal Information or Medical Intervention Values Information to be stored please go to ‘Delete my Profile’ under the Contact Us section of the website.
MyValues is not intended to replace a doctor-patient relationship. You should always consult your doctor for treatment options for specific health problems.